32 Acres | 2 Residences | Winery & Wine Cave
333-345 Willow Road in Nicasio, CA
From the sun-drenched slope of Black Mountain in coveted Nicasio overlooking its gorgeous reservoir, West Wind Estate and Winery combines Northern California wine and food culture with Japanese philosophy for true Zen ambiance. Enjoy privacy and simpler living with no detail spared, including an unsurpassed infrastructure that encompasses a solar array, abundant well and spring water, private roads, ancillary buildings, and deep wine cave. Necessary agricultural and wine-making equipment to run the 32-acre ranch is included. Meticulously designed and constructed to last a lifetime, every inch of the main residence and detached guest residence combine traditional Japanese techniques with modern engineering. The effect is stunning in both aesthetics and execution, from the cherry hardwood floors to the ceilings of wide-plank cedar, customized by room throughout both homes. Sanctuary beckons from the spectacular interiors to stunning natural grounds. Recreation reaches new heights with a 50,000-gallon spring-fed pool and Bocce court. Experience a breathtaking blur between indoors and out, where walking paths connect formal gardens, organic orchards, and two acres of vineyard that only scratch the surface of the splendor this estate has to offer.
Download The West Wind Estate Brochure in English Here
West Wind Estate and Winery Features
Main Residence 3,000 sf
- 3 bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths
- Concrete and cherry flooring, radiant heat, custom LED lighting, high end kitchen appliances and amenities, shoji screened windows, built in media center and home AV.
- 2-car garage with Tesla chargers
- Spring fed 50,000 gallon swimming pool
- Bocce Court
- Formal Japanese garden
Guest House 2,200 sf
- 2 bedrooms, 2 baths
- Traditional Japanese genkan, Cherry hardwood flooring, high end appliances and amenities, including Japanese soaking bath, shoji screened windows, and customized pantry/laundry
- 2-car carport
- Japanese landscape gardening including koi ponds and fountain
- Built-in barbeque
Art Studio/Workshop 660 sf
- 12-foot doors and concrete flooring with radiant heating, copper roof, detailing and siding
- Loft area, built in worktables and storage, 110v & 220v power, vacuum system and air compressor
Winery 1,800 sf
- Minka Style with dramatic 20 ft. ceilings and large custom doors, concrete flooring with radiant heating and custom lighting
- Kitchen and full bath with many custom features plus entertaining space, WIFI, security cameras
Wine Cave 2,400 sf
- 12 ft. ceiling, large custom metal doors, energy efficient lighting, humidity controlled, custom wine bar and event space, custom kitchen prep area with commercial sink, refrigerator/freezer/stovetop wine and other storage area
- Authentic Japanese construction building with custom energy efficient lighting, uphill from the guesthouse and near a seasonal stream
Kura (traditional Japanese treasure house)
- Dramatic 22’ ceiling, made of durable materials and used to house winemaking, olive oil and other agricultural supplies and equipment.
Tractor Barn/Workshop 400 sf agricultural building
- 10 ft. ceiling with steel shingle roof, concrete floors, barn doors, 110v and 220v power, plumbing bibs, steel trolleys for moving equipment
- 2-acre pinot noir and cabernet franc vineyard with 777 Clone for coastal climate (1,800 vines)
- Mature olive and fruit tree orchard
- Propane/Generator shed houses the propane tank and a 10Kw generator with room for storage
- 17 Kw solar array
- Well and 5000 gallon Water Tank (with UV light driven ozone water treatment system)
- Greenhouse in vineyard is temperature, light and humidity controlled with electricity and irrigation
- Security gate and call box
Nicasio is Marin County’s premiere rural residential community, covering thousands of agricultural acres dedicated to a variety of farming and cultivation. With about 250 homes dotting its countryside, the bucolic hamlet is the home of third, fourth and fifth generation ranching families.
Additionally, there’s an impressive group of equestrian facilities, its best known possibly Halleck Creek Ranch and its club of physically challenged riders. Also, Nicasio School offers innovative lessons like sending seeds into space through NASA and subsequently planting them on campus. And, Nicasio is the setting of filmmaker George Lucas’s (now Disney) Skywalker Ranch.
An idyllic town square is at Nicasio’s heart, where kids play Little League in the green field surrounded by landmark buildings including 153-year-old St. Mary’s Church and the original Druid’s Hall, plus the legendary music and restaurant venue Rancho Nicasio.
Nicasio blankets over 36 square miles and is the geographic center of Marin, neighboring some 350,000 acres of coastal parkland and open space. From east to west it provides a gradual transition from urban Marin to the untamed Pt Reyes National Seashore.
With its proximity to San Francisco, and especially in our modern era, Nicasio offers tranquil respite.
Golden Gate Sotheby’s International Realty
Golden Gate Sotheby’s International Realty